Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
07-12-2015, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 05:28 PM by jebem.)
Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening?
An icon among the amateur radio...

This morning I got this new baby into my radio collection.
Saw it for sale with an 69 Euro price tag. Good working condition, but the accessories are missing (no antenna, no pouch, and no manual).

The seller wouldn't lower the price, but after bargain for a while, I finally got it for 65 Euros.
If I had the required patience, probably I could find it for a better price.
But this one was an impulse buy. I just had to have it!

[Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_001.jpg] [Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_003.jpg] [Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_004.jpg]

[Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_006.jpg] [Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_007.jpg] [Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_009.jpg]

As usual, I like to inspect the interior of my new acquired equipments whenever possible.
I want to find out if the equipment is still using the original parts, or if it was repaired or modified by the previous owners.
It happens that this one was in pristine condition. Probably never opened before me.

Step by step disassembly.

Remove the 5 star screws in the back.
The back and front covers are free to be removed by gently push the four plastic claws on the back cover.

The chassis - back side.

[Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_011.jpg]

The chassis - front side.
The plastic keyboard key assembly was removed by pulling it out, leaving the key switches visible.

[Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_014.jpg]

The chassis - front side detail.
Back supply capacitor: 2200uF / 5.5V. It is enough to maintain the clock operation for at least one minute when it is time to replace the four in series AA depleted batteries.

[Image: japan_sony_icf-sw7600gr_015.jpg]

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Sony ICF-SW7600GR Multi Band World Receiver Radio: Who cares about DX listening? - jebem - 07-12-2015 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)