Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
09-10-2015, 02:25 AM
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list?
Wait, so this calculator does not come with 3d graphing?! I must say I am on the verge of sending this calculator back to amazon. First it gets stuck on the language select screen as soon as I turn it on. After 20 minutes of searching the web to figure out why it's glitching out, I finally find a solution. Then I try to install the software that came with the cd. None of it works. Autorun doesn't work (even when I specifically tell it to do so). The readme files are blank - completely empty. Eventually I get that working. Then (after exploring the menus then looking in the instructions then finally searching the web) I discover that 3d graphing - a utility that has come stock on every HP graphing calculator for more than 20 years is not included in your new flagship, even after it's been out for over 2 years?! Apparently I can download a program that a third party made, but this should have been available right out of the box as an app that HP themselves made.

I was disappointed when I read about how limited RPN is on this model and by the fact that access to the ios/android HP Prime app doesn't come with purchase of the HP Prime, but I could have lived with that. I am, however, flabbergasted at how rough and unfinished this calculator is 2 years after its launch.

I apologize if this post is too ranty. I am feeling very frustrated after having spent an hour with this calculator without having been able to actually DO anything with it. I have been a long-time fan of HP's calculators, having owned a 48gx, 49g, and 49g+. I was very excited to get the HP Prime but am now questioning my decision to purchase one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is 3D graphing still on HP's Prime to-do list? - Parmenedes - 09-10-2015 02:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)