What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
06-30-2015, 04:02 AM
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX?
I haven't used mine lately, but I used to have databases for Car Maintenance, Work Projects, Electrical Utility Bill, Gas Utility Bill. Attached are screen shots of the databases I used. Nothing really complicated, but worked for my purpose.

For a period of six months, I used Quicken to keep track of every penny I spent. I started out with the cash I had in my pocket (including change) and then proceeded to enter every single purchase I made in cash. This included newspapers, candy, etc - every transaction was entered. It was a real eye opener and a real pain in the ----- to do. Any cash withdrawals from the bank was credited to my "pocket" account. Every couple of days, I would verify that the cash in my pocket matched that shown in Quicken. The interesting part was that I could see my spending habits change over time. Not sure if that was due to my getting an education on how much I was spending or just the fact that I wouldn't buy something so that I wouldn't have to enter it. I would carry 3x5 cards to enter purchases on and then, when I had the time, would enter them into the HP-200LX.

There were many other databases that I referred to. Some I remembered were Ham Radio Repeaters for a particular city, Z-80 op codes, my books, football/basketball schedules.

I also kept my phone book on it. There was a company phone book where I entered every single business card I received, a personal phone book, and then phone books of people who attended a conference that I also had attended. Of course, now these are all on my cell phone.

I also used the HP-200LX in conjunction with a REX 3, pcmcia card PDA. There was a program where you could insert the REX into the card slot and then sync the 200LX calendar and phone book.

The best utility for the 200LX is 200Buddy. It greatly expanded the usefulness.

I had written a macro that would call a program that I had written that would create a formatted list of upcoming appointments. This would run every day and create an event for that day which had the list of the next two weeks of upcoming appointments. There was another macro that ran daily and would copy the data files from C: to the A: drive and would also create a ZIP file on the A: drive of the entire Drive C: contents.

The HP-200LX was, and still is, one of the most powerful PDA's a person could have.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP-200LX Databases.pdf (Size: 49.69 KB / Downloads: 73)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you do with your 95LX/100LX/200LX? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 06-30-2015 04:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)