Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables
01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables
Hello,

I have been trying to determine the best approach for saving frequently "used" single/multi variable expressions and equations in the HP Prime. By "used", I mean being to be able to do some or all of the following to them:

- Compute numerical values if I enter values for the variable(s)
- Perform CAS algebra symbolically on one (or more) saved expression or equation
- Perform Toolbox>CAS commands on them, like diff(), int(), solve()...
- Use or send them to the Solver APP for single/multi equation numerical solving
- Send them to the Function APP for graphing, graphical analyses
- Other things I have not thought of yet...

It seems that this generally requires storing them as a CAS variable or CAS program. I understand that Home variables or User Functions may be options, but these seem to have limits as well.

Attached are my thoughts on storing/using expressions, equations in CAS variables. I look forward to hearing how others are approaching this on the HP Prime.

Best,
Carl

PS - I come from an old HP15C user perspective, not the HP42,48-50 series so I don't carry that knowledge (or baggage?)

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP Prime CAS variables - Google Drive.pdf (Size: 133.19 KB / Downloads: 62)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Saving, using expressions.equations saved as CAS variables - CR Haeger - 01-12-2014 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)