Implement [ Variable ] Precision Floating Point [ Arithmetic ] in CAS Mode
11-27-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: Implement [ Variable ] Precision Floating Point [ Arithmetic ] in CAS Mode
(06-07-2015 06:47 PM)parisse Wrote:  Xcas uses GMP+MPFR, they are licensed under the LGPL, inclusion in closed source code is allowed, but it requires that everyone can rebuild the firmware with object files from the closed part of the source code and the source code of GMP+MPFR. I really hope that we will have longfloat support on the Prime (and also interval artihmetic), because this is already available on the ti nspire with the latest version of Xcas's port (khicas).

Dear Bernard,

thanks very much for the attention ( and my apologies for the long time to restablish contact ).

I would like to suggest a Long Term Project by the addition of [ Inverse Symbolic Calculation ] features ( by means of PSLQ routines ) to Giac/XCAS, which could eventually be also futurely Ported to HP Prime.

Just for reference I am proving a few links to relevant Implementations of Numerical [ Constant Recognition ] features from some other CAS packages and Web Driven Resources.

[ Inverse Symbolic Calculator Plus ]
[ Plouffe's Inverter - OEIS Wiki ]
[ SymPy Number Identification ]
[ Maple Identify ]
[ Mathematica RootApproximant ]

Another very interesting Numeric related feature is Closed Form [ Sequence ] identification, as provided by the [ Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences ] and by Mathematica [ FindSequenceFunction ] which would also consist on a very desirable addition for Future versions of Giac/XCAS ( and subsequent ports to HP Prime ).

I have only recently been aware of [ KhiCAS ] for the TI-Nspire, and will surely benefit from this Extremely Valuable resource publicly made available by your More than Admirable Effort and Long Term Dedication to the Symbolic Algebra cause.

I have been "captivated" by Numerical Analysis since my 13's, when at that time HP-67's and TI-59's were the most Powerful computational resources affordable by simple Math Fascinated mortals.

Since then I have been continuously "plugged" on Numerical and Symbolic Calculations, following all sorts of Computational "Waves" during the last four decades ... ( from HP-41C, through HP-48, MuMath, Derive, Maple, Mathematica, TI-89, HP-50g, Netbooks, Tablets, Smartphones, and now TI-Nspire & HP Prime ).

It's pointless to say that Powerful Calculators, Precious Book Gems, Extremely Valuable Masterpieces of Software and the Dedication of Passionate and Forward Estimulating Teachers made me what I am, and I owe a Great debt of profound Respect to all such individuals, which have contributed to the Advance of Numerical and Symbolic Computation.

Thanks very much for all the attention,

with my Most Sincere and Profound Grateful Best Wishes,

Prof. Ricardo Duarte
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Implement [ Variable ] Precision Floating Point [ Arithmetic ] in CAS Mode - profrd - 11-27-2015 09:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)