HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes
06-09-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes
(06-09-2015 07:49 AM)isanchez Wrote:  I have not mentioned neither the Woodstock series nor the Coconuts because there is not misunderstanding regarding cases and pouches...I find the problem is in clarifying the classics.

The Woodstock series cases do seen remarkably consistent. There is some variation in the interior shag material, but not enough variation to seem like a deliberate design modification -- it is probably just due to HP switching to a new supplier in the middle of a production run, or something like that. The Coconut case variations seem to be similar in character -- likely due to unintended and uncontrolled changes in raw materials, rather than to a deliberate modification.

The Spice cases are a different story. They are all very similar from the exterior, but exhibit some notable interior differences. Most of my Spice cases are lined with sheer black fabric that is now shedding black powder, presumably from the deterioration of padding or adhesive lining under this fabric. One of my Spice cases has intact padding under this fabric. And several of my Spice cases have shag lining similar to that used for the Woodstocks. I have been curious if this variant was specific to certain models or manufacture date, but I haven't found much information.

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Classics: About Cases and Boxes - John R - 06-09-2015 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)