How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you?
05-27-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you?
I got my first HP in 1981 and I picked it out based on the features. It was not until I got home that I realized it worked differently. So I read the manual, especially the part about RPN and the stack, and about an hour after I bought it, I was comfortable and never looked back.

Ever since then I have preferred RPN. So I guess I am spoiled with it. However, I did not mind the "Calc Mode" of the HP-71B. Of course I got the FORTH ROM and then the HP-41 Emulator ROM for my 71B. I still use its calc mode occasionally, but for most purposes, I prefer RPN. I guess one would say my 5 calculators are all antiques, as I don't have any models later than the 71B. I also have several RPN emulators on my tablets and smartphone, but even with those, I still prefer the emulators of the early HP's (the first decade).

I used to get a kick out of my boss's reaction. Sometimes he'd come over and ask to borrow my calculator and he'd go crazy. He'd say, 'Damn you, I should have known you'd have one of THOSE."

I'm sold on RPN !

Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How much has RPN/RPL spoiled you? - bshoring - 05-27-2015 10:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)