Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between?
05-13-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between?
(05-13-2015 01:00 PM)Dieter Wrote:  The mentioned problem most probably is not due to a "quirk" in the 35s. Indeed there are significant differences that make both less than 100% compatible. Using indirection is just one example: the 32s uses positive indices to address the variables A–Z. Which is ok due to its limited memory. The 35s uses the same indices for its huge extended memory (800+ variables), while the variables A–Z are addressed by negative indices.

I wouldn't be so sure without seeing the program. I was reading the 35S bug list yesterday, and it mentioned the silver going into an infinite loop with certain programs containing looping. This could be one of those cases. Would have to see the code to tell, of course.

(05-13-2015 01:47 PM)TASP Wrote:  For purposes of this thread would the 41/71 translator module for the 71 be considered cheating?

Wink

I have the module, but have never used it.

Yes, but still worth mentioning. Smile Impressive that it could convert RPN keystroke programs to BASIC.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easiest groups/lineages of machines to port software between? - Dave Britten - 05-13-2015 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)