newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode
04-30-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode
(04-30-2015 04:42 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  [*]When the Alpha Mode is activated, the cursor can be in any of the following modes: L = The keys will enter lowercase characters, C = The keys will enter uppercase characters, G = The keys will enter greek characters, g = The keys will enter lowercase greek letters. Initially, Alpha mode will enter L or C mode (whichever was used last).

Stupid question: why C, and not U?

Quote:[*]Pressing and holding Alpha with other keys will temporarily toggle L/C (G/g) mode until released (this basically moves the left-shift functionality to the Alpha key) for the letter keys, may have other uses for other keys, for example for the numbers could insert subscript numbers, like A₁

I don't understand this sentence (English is not my mother tongue). Could you reword it?

For the subscripts, I was thinking about a long press on the final key. For example, pressing the 1 key a second or so, would change the standard character to the subscript position. I can even imagine that continuing pressing that key would cycle through the various characters: standard – subscript –superscript – standard … and so on, until the key is released at the desired status.

(This feature could also be used elsewhere, to choose among several actions, provided that there is a visible change in the display, or a changing indicator is displayed. I'm thinking about the way digital watches work with only a few buttons, and a systematic usage of the long press to do the various choices and adjustments.)

Jean-Charles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL: proposal for Alpha mode - Helix - 04-30-2015 11:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)