Converting TDS CR5 to .TXT in Windows 8.1
04-07-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Converting TDS CR5 to .TXT in Windows 8.1
CR5 file: I never dealt too much with cr5 files, but the ones I have archived can be opened with Notepad. If not, try using the data collector to read in the cr5's and export out TXT files.

About transfers:
Plug in the USB-to-serial converter into the Windows 8 machine and make sure it installs properly. Find out what COM number it is functioning as (i.e. COM5). Find hyperterminal on the XP machine. Copy hypertrm.exe and hypertrm.dll to the Window 8 machine in a folder on your C drive. Open hypertrm.exe. Name the connection session something, anything. Choose the COM number the serial converter is using (i.e. COM5). Choose the COM settings to match the calculator (usually 9600, 8, none, 1, none). Click on "Transfer", "receive file". Choose where the file is going and choose "Kermit" protocol, click "receive". hyperterminal is now waiting for file. Go to HP 48 input/output "transfer" menu. Port=wire, type=kermit, fmt=asc, baud=9600, xlat=newl, chk=3, parity=none. In "name", choose the file you want to transfer. Click "send".
This should transfer the file to the Windows 8 machine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Converting TDS CR5 to .TXT in Windows 8.1 - jjb299 - 04-07-2015 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)