Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide?
03-19-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide?
(03-08-2015 12:11 PM)MagyarBoy Wrote:  I'm posting to ask about the HP-35S. AFAIK there is no 'HP-35S for Dummies' type of manual, that assumes the user needs handholding and spoon-feeding, to learn the operation and programming of this calculator. Is this right?

My question is, would the potential users of this calculator, benefit from such a guide? Basically a guide for the complete newbie.

Although it may not make a lot of sense if the goal is reaching the largest audience possible, I would personally find additional documentation for the 34S far more interesting than for the 35S. The 34S is a *very* unique calculator. If it were an HP product bundled with vintage 1970's or 1980's documentation it'd surely include (alongside a long user guide) a thick "applications" manual à la 42S.

While a lot of older documentation, such as the manuals for the 32S, 32Sii and 33S (and other third-party publications) are largely applicable to the 35S, the 34S is sufficiently different and more unique in crucial respects that additional documentation for it, whether at the "For Dummies" or at the "Applications" level, would be a much more original contribution---although potentially for a much smaller readership. Just an opinion.

SN
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide? - supernumero - 03-19-2015 04:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)