newRPL documentation - Part I available
04-01-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: newRPL documentation - Part I available
(04-01-2015 04:41 AM)Han Wrote:  Most recent commit enables the GUI to work, but I get the following crash when pressing the ENTER (i.e. RETURN) key after simply inputting a few numerical digits. Also, the entry line shows a blinking/highlighted 0 as a cursor. Is this intended?

The crash doesn't happen on the non-GUI version.

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000217c48

__TEXT 0000000100000000-000000010018c000 [ 1584K] r-x/rwx SM=COW

It seems there's more cases of 64-bit issues than I thought. Clearly the program was loaded above the 32-bit limit (per the TEXT addresses above), and the invalid address has the 1 removed from the high 32-bit word, consequence of a pointer getting truncated to 32-bits. I'll eventually track down all the bad cases, but I'd much rather put my effort in making it work on the calculator rather than a 64-bit platform.
I'd suggest for the time being, if you want to try the demo, do it on a VM with a 32-bit operating system (or on Windows, since mingw packaged with Qt Creator is 32-bit only).

Now regarding the cursor, it's a D, not an O, and it's intentional. The cursor letter will change according to the mode (ALG, PRG, etc.). This used to be in the status area, but I think this information is more useful right in front of your eyes.
"D" stands for "direct", since most keys are executed directly when pressed (but I'm open to suggestions for a better letter, I don't like the D much).
"P" will be in PRG mode, where most keys will add an entire word to the command line
"A" will be ALG mode, where the word is inserted as a function and without the separating spaces.
"L" or "C" will be used in alpha mode to indicate lowercase/capitals.

Claudio
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL documentation - Part I available - Claudio L. - 04-01-2015 05:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)