newRPL documentation - Part I available
03-25-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: newRPL documentation - Part I available
Hello Claudio,

I have downloaded all your documentations and source codes.

My development platform is a MacBookPro running OS/X v10.10.2.
I am using QT Creator 3.3.0 with QT 5.4.0 and Clang 6.0 64 bits (LLVM).

I have tried to compile the source code and I get several errors and lots of warnings.

There are minor warning ...
- passing a char* and casting it as a uint8_t* (BYTEPTR)
-> warning: passing 'char [2]' to parameter of type 'BYTEPTR' (aka 'unsigned char *') converts between pointers to integer types with different sign [-Wpointer-sign]
- several unused parameters
-> warning: unused parameter 'keymsg' [-Wunused-parameter]

There are warnings that should be addressed ...
* missing functions declarations
-> warning: implicit declaration of function 'uiCursorRight' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
* multiple type definitions and/or same type defined multiple times in different files
-> warning: redefinition of typedef 'HALFWORD' is a C11 feature [-Wtypedef-redefinition]

The errors are related to ... __attribute__((section ...

-> error: argument to 'section' attribute is not valid for this target: mach-o section specifier requires a segment and section separated by a comma
-> #define __READ_ONLY__ __attribute__((section (".rodata")))
-> extern void * __READ_ONLY__ (* mpd_callocfunc)(size_t nmemb, size_t size);

-> error: argument to 'section' attribute is not valid for this target: mach-o section specifier requires a segment and section separated by a comma
-> volatile int __keyb_lock __attribute__((section (".system_globals")));

I do not think LLVM support those type of declarations/attributes/sections, I will investigate.

A short scan through the C code shows clarity and a very well separation of concerns, all in all this seems to be a very nice implementation.

Best regards,

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL documentation - Part I available - Sylvain Cote - 03-25-2015 12:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)