Battery Level of a RAM card backup cell, SRAM HP 95LX
03-05-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Battery Level of a RAM card backup cell, SRAM HP 95LX
(03-04-2015 08:37 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 07:40 PM)cfh Wrote:  Tested, and no, LXPRO.COM does not work on 95LX. The prompt told me Smile
..and so far no success on accessing the bat status of the SRAM.

Most (but not all, so check first) devices that supported battery-backed memory cards in this period allowed you to change the card battery while it was inserted in the machine, without loss of contents. There were some gotchas however like some machines had to actually be turned-on to do so, others had to be turned off, so read the 95LX manual to see if/how this is supported.

Yes, checked that - the 95LX needs to be TURNED ON while swapping battery when the PCMCIA 1.0 is inserted into the Machine.

But still I am clueless on how to check SRAM card battery voltage. All indications tell me that it should be possible: 1) there is a card low battery warning. 2) the "motherboard" has 4 analog to digital ports, only 2 are used (for the other batteries). Someone was successful making a microphone port Smile. But maybe DOS can't access it? Clueless.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Level of a RAM card backup cell, SRAM HP 95LX - cfh - 03-05-2015 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)