Filing of Replies; Suggestion
01-06-2014, 06:35 AM
RE: Filing of Replies; Suggestion
(01-06-2014 03:56 AM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  I was happy to find a forum that had some threaded option as it seems quite rare these days, but I do consider linear to be the main/default view. In most forums these days, all new replies go at the end.
The nice thing about this software though is that it is actively being developed with 2 major upcoming versions on the roadmap so you can make suggestions at the myBB community. Some suggestions/problems I have taken there myself, but as a linear mode user myself, I don't think I would be the best person to try to explain this request so I will leave this one to someone else.

OK, I got the message (I didn't know linear mode being so popular - it's far easier for the programmer, of course, but makes it difficult to follow discussions; YMMV).

I assumed the buttons "New Reply" etc. being customizable so the text may be changed (alternatively to "Reply to OP" instead of "New Reply", and to "Reply to this" instead of "Quote"; the replies would still be filed at the end in linear mode {I don't really care}, but in threaded mode misunderstandings would be reduced). If, however, such a 'light customizing' is out of reach even for Drakon, I'll think about bringing the case to the real Archonts. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Filing of Replies; Suggestion - walter b - 01-04-2014, 07:50 AM
RE: Filing of Replies; Suggestion - walter b - 01-06-2014 06:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)