HP 35s firmware defect confirmation
01-19-2015, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2015 10:19 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
HP 35s firmware defect confirmation
Greetings,

My HP35s arrived in the mails a couple of weeks ago; CNA44716YZ

I believe that means it was in a lot produced on week 47 of 2014; if anyone can help me with the rest of the codes there I would appreciate it.

At any rate, I can confirm for those wondering that the firmware still shows revision 0 with a date of 2007; also, this unit has exhibited the documented quirks for which this little jewel is now famous, or, infamous.

All that aside, as appalling as it is that HP would let this product out the door without some solid testing (a senior in high school could find its bug list in about two days of normal use), I must say-- I love it !

I am afraid that it may be their (HP) last RPN non-graphing calculator. Not because RPN is dead-- far from it; because dedicated calculators are going to be a thing of the past across the boards soon (its happening before our eyes). So, grab one while they still last. Smile

Can anyone confirm or deny whether there are any valid rumors to the effect that HP will be re-releasing the 35s with a firmware update?

Great day folks, happy Monday !

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 35s firmware defect confirmation - MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-19-2015 09:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)