Automatically generating program from a template.
01-18-2015, 07:04 AM
RE: Automatically generating program from a template.
Hello,

I have problem with generating program to work the way I want.
To make things clear I want to make the distinction between generating an generated programs.
The generated program is the output from "Programs()" that I want in my "User Catalog". Everything is fine and the candidate for generated prgm. is a string that I can manipulate using "REPLACE" to do some changes to dummy placeholder substrings depending on what I want. The "REPLACE" replaces substring with another substring and that is OK too. The "Programs("name"):="string" spits out the program but then there is a problem because sometimes in the generated program I need to have string(s) preserved, when the generated prgm. is not a string anymore. What I do not know how to do is: how do I replace inside a string (future generated prgm.) something with another substring that will remain string after passing through "Programs()" or to put it differently: how to stick a substring inside a string that will stay string (when the generated prgm. is not a string anymore). I need that because inside the generated program, when it is in "User Catalog" ready to be used I need to do some processing that can only be done with strings because that is how CAS programs work in HP Prime, I think.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Automatically generating program from a template. - John P - 01-18-2015 07:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)