A newcomer from France (edited)
01-06-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited)
(01-06-2015 09:35 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  Bonjour Marc (ou Mark ?) !

(01-06-2015 08:42 PM)Mark Wrote:  The 80's technology is attractive because you can control each single bit. -please forgive me, I'm away from HP.

I started in the late seventies / early eighties with programming. So I know very well what you are talking about. Interestingly, the old technology isn't totally gone. Many embedded systems run on - ahem - scarcely powered micro controllers such as the 8051 or 6502. A Z80 is pure luxury. Wink

If you step up a little you enter the ARM world. I did it with the WP 34S project, a replacement firmware for the 20b/30b series of HP calculators. Controlling (and saving) bits was a common task during the hardware development process. You'll find out for yourself if you browse the forum.

Guten Abend Marcus,

You guessed it right, it's Marc -I chose Mark as some kind of pseudo for some irrational reason and also because I really like English language.

Besides that, I'm quite aware that these 8-bit processors are still here, as embedded controllers. I practiced much of the popular ones and was a Z80 fan before understanding and fully enjoying the 6502. After that, I tried everything I could put hands on -even did VAX assembler some day, believe it or not. I was young and crazy.

I've read about the WP 34S from the very beginning, it is an impressive achievement ! I have a 20b but not enough time... Some of my old machines have been waiting for restoration for more than 10 years.

I'd better switch to "Not remotely HP Calculators". Is it possible to establish a link from a thread to another ?

Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015 10:41 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-07-2015, 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)