Error When Checking for an Update
12-17-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Error When Checking for an Update
(12-17-2014 01:36 PM)NMihiylov Wrote:  OK, now I have been able to upload the update, however, after it has been uploaded I keep receiving the same error message "UNABLE TO START"

If I am remembering properly, you are seeing it count as it attempts to find the calculator. After a while, it gives up.

Do you see the calculator in "update" mode? This will be a large HP logo that stays on the screen. If the calculator never showed up in update mode, then it can't find it.

To manually put it in update mode, hold down the "SYMB" key while pressing the reset in the back with a paperclip. When it begins to boot, the unit will be in update mode.

Now connect to the PC with the USB cable. A virtual machine, simulator, etc is not officially supported. You should see some sort of "driver install" message or notification from windows. If you do not see this, please try connecting to other USB ports. For example, if you connected to the laptop port on the side, try one in the back.

Once you see that message, reopen the connectivity kit and it will detect it and ask if you'd like to update.

If this is not helpful, please provide more details on what you see so I can try to help.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Error When Checking for an Update - Tim Wessman - 12-17-2014 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)