35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
10-30-2014, 12:47 PM
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing?
(10-30-2014 03:54 AM)John Galt Wrote:  I understand the calculator is disassemble-able, but what am I likely to find once everything is apart?

Well, this old post used to show what you would find. The links to the pictures are broken, but the disassembly instructions are still there. Luckily, I was able to find the "originals" and have attached the two most pertinent ones to this post. As described in the post and shown in the pictures below, the keys are attached to frames. Sounds like you broke one side of the ENTER key from the frame. I have no idea if you would be able to repair such a problem, but it is not too difficult to take the unit apart for inspection if you want to take a look.

(10-30-2014 03:54 AM)John Galt Wrote:  I just bought a 50g to replace it with, but its upper right-most key is difficult to press, so it's going back. Lousy QC. Now I'm undecided what to replace it with.

I tried replacing my 42s with a 48G, 49G+ and a 50G, and was never happy. Those all sit in storage somewhere. If you like the 35s, it is still available at amazon and from Eric Rechlin, so maybe just buy a new one. Or, as I’m sure some will suggest, buy a 30b converted to a wp34s from Eric Rechlin.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1169]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1170]

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 35s with a broken Enter key... worth repairing? - Jeff O. - 10-30-2014 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)