HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
10-18-2014, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 05:26 PM by Geoff Quickfall.)
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
Always a dilemma!

I was called about a calc repair for a 92 year old archeologist. He needed his scientific calculator fixed and thought it only needed a battery pack rebuilt. The battery company called me.

I dropped by and found a mint 67 in need of a battery pack. I took the calc to the owner, had a long chat about archeology and the paper he was co authoring. He needed the stat functions and had the cards for it.

Well, the calc was NOS with external battery charger, all boxes, manuals, accessories still shrink wrapped. He purchased the package in 76 and put it in storage. He just recently opened it and of course it did not work. Fortunately the battery pack was not in the calc.

After explaining the value of a pristine, unused package (books, box and all plus accessories) he said 'no problem, I have a Casio that will do the stats." Then e gave me the 67! I explained the value again and finally, after convincing him to accept something, gave him 200 dollars. He really did not want to accept that either.

Geoff
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros? - Geoff Quickfall - 10-18-2014 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)