HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
10-17-2014, 01:59 PM
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros?
(10-17-2014 01:10 PM)jebem Wrote:  I saw a HP-19BII Business Consultant II, almost new in the box, with Portuguese manuals, for a asking price of 20 Euro.

Should I take the offer for that price?
Or should I offer more money for it, to make sure other people will not tell that I am doing a "shabby treatment" of the current owner?

Cheers.

I've had this same internal discussion with myself on several purchases in the past. In one case, I discussed with the seller that he could possible get a better price, and told him where he could offer to sell it for possibly a higher price. In that case, he insisted that I purchase it for his original low price.

Several years ago, I bought a quantity of HP calculators (about 15 various calculators including HP-71B, HP-42S and an assortment of HP-48SX/GX) for a negotiated price. When I received the package, I noticed that there was an additional calculator included - HP-15C. I emailed him about the additional calculator and offered him additional money and he stated that he found it at the last moment and just added it to the package - no additional money was required. I sent him a nice thank you and enjoyed the 15C.

It's funny how this works and how we think about things like this. If we are buying something from someone we either know or we are doing the transaction in person, then we become concerned about whether we are cheating the person out of the item (by offering too low a price). But if we won the same item for the same low price in an ebay auction, then we would thank our lucky stars and not think twice about the seller. Likewise, if we bought the item at a yard sale/flea market/second-hand store for the same low price, then, again, we would think we are very lucky to get it at such a low price.

I wish you the best with whatever you finally decide to do,

Bill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-19BII Business Consultant II for 20 Euros? - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 10-17-2014 01:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)