CAS simplifying non-zero expressions to 0
10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: CAS simplifying non-zero expressions to 0
(10-06-2014 01:46 PM)parisse Wrote:  I have no idea how mathematica handles that, because I don't have a license of mathematica (I will certainly not spend the money for that myself) and even if I had one, there is probably a Xcas way that would be as appropriate as the mma way.
I can understand that you are frustated not to find the right way on the Prime if you are used to mathematica, but you can not expect that Xcas or the Prime CAS will work the same way. I can help you adapt, but I will not do that (remember it's on my free time) if your request is "it should be like in mma". If you don't want to adapt, then just stick with mma and goodbye!

I entirely understand this. Maybe Mathematica was a bad example - the behaviour I'm looking for is displayed by TI machines (e.g., TI-89, TI NSpire) and also by the HP-50g. If this aspect of simplification can't be easily turned on and off in Xcas then I have to accept that, but I think it's a shame.

Nigel (UK)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CAS simplifying non-zero expressions to 0 - Nigel (UK) - 10-06-2014 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)