WTB: Eprom Modules for the HP 75
10-05-2014, 05:10 PM
RE: WTB: Eprom Modules for the HP 75
Now I regret that I didn't post at the general forum instead of classifieds.
Fortunately a few of our HP 75 experts found my question all the same, Sylvain and Paul, thank you for your hints and ideas!
Should we move, or should I post a reference to that thread in the general forum?
@ Mark: Thank you for your offer, Mark, I am looking forward to your eprom module!
@ Sylvain: I also got the PMS ( at least I bought it, it should be on its way across the pond now ), that's why I thought of the eprom modules.
I dream of a collection of HP -75 tool set like the JPC rom for the HP 71b.
Since I don't know much about electronics, my only idea was your option one, but of course it would be great to have the special eprom programmer adapter!
Especially Option B sounds like a great project that could greatly resuscitate interest in the HP 75. I really would like to help, but I'm afraid the only thing I can do is to offer to accept the costs of the necessary hardware, what I am offering gladly hereby.
About the file structure within PMS:
I assumed the binary is identical with that residing in an eprom. I thought the HP 75 operating system runs software residing in the PMS the same way as if it were located in a rom or eprom. Then one could just read (PEEK) the PMS contents and transfer it to the eprom programmer ... obviously it isn't that simple ?
Another problem comes to my mind:
Even if we had a programmer adapter or specialized eprom programmer, we still lack a source of eprom modules, they seem to be extremely rare.
Or can you imagine a way of producing them, including the module housings ?
Could rom modules be modified to become eprom modules?
( But since even the most common HP 75 roms are relatively rare and expensive, that wouldn't help that much ).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WTB: Eprom Modules for the HP 75 - Michael Fehlhammer - 10-05-2014 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)