HP Prime. The programmer dream machine
09-19-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: HP Prime. The programmer dream machine
This looks like the right thread to add some of my encounters with the use of matrixes on Prime. If I have repeated info in other posts, please send me there.
First, the Prime's capabilities in this area are greatly understated in the documentation. I'm no whiz at math, but I work with matrixes as that is way that is common in my fields of interest. So, I tried the 'matrix, create random' with 10x10. Instantaneous. Then the inverse. Instantaneous. Step up the game: 50x50. In a second, the inverse; couple of seconds in RPN. Things slow down after 50 . . ..

But, this is a hand-held, not a Cray.

Now the fun part. Just playing around, I discovered that the Spreadsheet App (a clone of it) would store a matrix in a cell. A 50x50 matrix in a single cell (e.g. A2). Or many matrixes in many cells.

Then I found that if the 'Blue Bar' at the top of the Prime screen is associated with a spreadsheet, I could access the A2 matrix from the command line in CAS (or RPN, with different rules) and do things like A2*3 or A2*2->A3, etc.

Then I found that a program created in the Spreadsheet 'clone' would operate on the cells of the spreadsheet or the contents of a cell.

More to come . . ..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime. The programmer dream machine - dbbotkin - 09-19-2014 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)