Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale
04-05-2024, 06:16 PM
RE: Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale
(04-05-2024 01:58 PM)Hiwi Wrote:  And never use Duracell in an HP41 they are corroding after a short time, when not in use.

My policy is to never use Duracell batteries, period. They seem to leak more often than any other brand. I have seen so many electronics destroyed by Duracells. I don't have scientific evidence that Duracell is worse than other brands of alkaline batteries, but it feels like it. They used to be great, in the 1980s. But after that, terrible.

My theory (no hard evidence) is that Duracell starting going downhill after 1988 when it was bought by the private equity firm KKR. That's what private equity firms do: they take over a well-respected company, making great products, with high consumer reputation. Then they institute massive cost cutting measures (labor, material, quality) to extract every bit of value out of the company, until it becomes an empty husk, and then files for bankruptcy. I cannot think of a single company or industry where private equity has actually improved a company or product after taking over.

The only exception might be Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway, if we consider that to be a 'private equity' firm. Funny enough, Duracell is now owned by Berkshire Hathaway, since 2016. So maybe their batteries have become better since then? I don't know, I don't buy Duracell batteries anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale - bxparks - 04-05-2024 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: