Custom Text Formatting (Previously: Getting long results in a program)
04-22-2024, 12:33 PM
RE: Custom Text Formatting (Previously: Getting long results in a program)
(04-22-2024 09:09 AM)Tyann Wrote:  I've just downloaded the latest version you published.
I have 2 comments:
1) When displayed in relief with a background, a 'p' for example has one pixel of the leg outside the background, to remedy this I removed the '-1' from '3+h-1' on the line after the test : IF fr THEN RECT_P(.........)
2) On the display of accented CAPITALS such as 'Â' in the box for fonts 1 and 2, the accents are out of frame.

Hi Tyann,

The '-1' was intentionally applied because my goal was to maintain compatibility with TEXTOUT_P, which leaves one pixel "p" at the bottom beyond the background (even without formatting). The same applies to accents, as the TEXTOUT_P command for small fonts displays them above the background.

Try it:
TEXTOUT_P("pÂ",10,10,1,0,255,#BBBBBBh);

However, I just noticed that the background should be one pixel higher (but only the top edge, as the bottom one is in the correct position relative to the original TEXTOUT_P), so according to this approach, '-1' should be applied for the bottom edge, and additionally, it should also be applied for the top edge. If compatibility is not important to you, you can change these settings.

Piotr Kowalewski
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Text Formatting - Tyann - 04-15-2024, 06:55 PM
RE: Custom Text Formatting - komame - 04-15-2024, 07:42 PM
RE: Custom Text Formatting - Tyann - 04-16-2024, 04:38 AM
RE: Custom Text Formatting - komame - 04-16-2024, 06:02 AM
RE: Custom Text Formatting (Previously: Getting long results in a program) - komame - 04-22-2024 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)