Help with G.P.S. Coordinates!
09-11-2014, 02:59 AM
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates!
Practicing with actual Prime (not emulator), I discover that unlike TI-nspire, unlike Casio, D|M|S is apparently utterly useless (ignored) during a Prime INPUT Statement (running in an actual program):

Which is better?
Consciously remembering to enter Deg, press +, Min.mmmmm, and remembering to always terminate with "/60"
42 + 17.83333 / (watch things move around) 60, then ENTER
(it is true that it is merely a numerical value, we only treat it as an angle later)

[are we missing something here....?]

_or_

manually directly enter

Degs, D|M|S key, Min.mmmmmm D|M|S key ENTER
42 o 17.8333333 o ENTER
Works in Direct Calculator mode, or when RUN from a PROGRAM !!

Me thinks I'll be encouraging Casio CG10 users to appreciate what they have, and how easy they have it when it comes to Programming!

I finally got used to my Casio's. That took time. But as I compare with HP PRIME, I see that simple fundamental operations like these, which I use most often, are now going to expect taking drastic extra steps if I decide to port things to HP PRIME;
(and HP PRIME does not even have GRAD for crying out loud)!

If you own a Casio CG10, fx9860, or even their high-end 115ES Plus, you have more power in your hands then you know! Thats my 2 cents worth.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I am still learning how to use my HP PRIME, but frankly, I could be more impressed with some common-sense things that I just do not see available, have been removed, or re-worked in some way. But I'm trying to get familiar with it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates! - Richard Wagner - 09-11-2014 02:59 AM
RE: Help with G.P.S. Coordinates! - jebem - 09-11-2014, 05:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)