Entering the 'Edit Integer' window
01-18-2024, 09:47 PM
RE: Entering the 'Edit Integer' window
(12-26-2023 09:38 PM)komame Wrote:  In general, to enter the "Edit Integer" window with the first press of Shift [-], there are two approaches. The first approach involves having an integer value on the history stack (marked with a "#" sign at the beginning) as someone already mentioned in this thread. As for the second approach, the only condition is to be in edit mode (blinking cursor). There doesn't need to be any value on the stack or even in the editing field where the cursor is; you just need to enter the edit mode of anything. For instance, you can go to HOME and press the space, multiplication, or any other key that outputs any character on the screen (then the cursor will appear - edit mode), then press Shift [-] and the "Edit Integer" window will open immediately. Another good example is the PPL editor, which is always in edit mode and pressing Shift [-] always immediately opens "Edit Integer".
If you're not in edit mode, the first press produces "#" and simultaneously switches to edit mode, so the second press opens the "Edit Integer" window and the "#" character here has no impact on the fact of opening this window.
I am convinced that the appearance of the "#" sign after pressing Shift [-] is not only problematic, but it is definitively a bug. This is because if there’s no value on the stack and the first press of Shift [-] causes "#" to appear, and the second press opens the "Edit Integer" window, then after finishing editing the value by clicking "OK" (or pressing Enter), the "#" sign is automatically added, which results in a double "#" sign, such as ##64, in the command line in HOME, which is an incorrect value.
I see no justification for such behavior.
⋮ (other good comments)

Nice analysis! Smile & thank you, Piotr, for adding a ticket for this to the bug tracker I've set up. (The bug got fixed! Big Grin)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Entering the 'Edit Integer' window - jte - 01-18-2024 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)