Clonix issue with built-in HEPAX
11-26-2023, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2023 11:17 AM by Jurgen Keller.)
RE: Clonix issue with built-in HEPAX
(11-18-2023 06:30 AM)Diego Diaz Wrote:  Once the power is restored, the initialization program will allocate HEPAX code (usually into page #6 if no HP-IL or 82143A printer is present) and will build the HEPAX File System in the available memory assigning the usual XROMs B, C, D & E to pages 8, 9, A & B respectively.

@Jürgen, did you checked this without Clonix-(41/D) installed? This could help to confirm if the built-in HEPAX is behaving properly. BTW, the type of Clonix used (-D, -41 or -41d) will make no difference; or NoV-64(d) configured as Clonix-D for that matter...

Apart from that, I've also checked the proposed configuration (almost):
- ADV HEPAX but v.1D not 1C (real module) -> Port 1
- Clonix-41d: SKWIDBC pg. #C, ZENROM3B pg. #D -> Port 3

And found no problem at all.

Also intrigued by the unusual File System links described by Jürgen on his last post.

Yes, I checked that and the built-in Hepax seems to behave normally. The only thing I noticed was the unusual order of the Hepax RAM pages. However, I did not investigate that further.

Good to know that the Clonix type does not matter. That was not clear to me.

Thank you for double checking that the configuration with Zenrom and SkwidBC works on your system, too. As I stated earlier it now also works on the HP-41 with the built-in Hepax.

As this special 41CX is not mine and I already returned it to the owner, I unfortunately cannot do any further testing. However, the owner reported that when attaching a card reader, the problem pops up again and random characters appear in the display.

An unresolved question is also if the Clonix (configured with Zenrom at page E and SkwidBC at page F) has to be inserted into port 3 or can be inserted into any other port. I missed to test that (stupid me). I know there are some restrictions documented in the Hepax manual. It's not clear to me if the Hepax mapping done at startup can get confused by some configuration/port usage, or if Clonix and Hepax may interfere somehow in a bad way?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clonix issue with built-in HEPAX - Jurgen Keller - 11-26-2023 11:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: