Most hilarious price for a new HP48GX that I've ever seen
11-05-2023, 03:14 PM
Most hilarious price for a new HP48GX that I've ever seen
Just some context : Some years ago, I bought a new-in-box 1995 Singapore HP48GX from eBay for around ~$300 . I thoroughly checked the calc and it appeared to be an authentic Singapore manufactured model. I also closely examined the keys with an illuminated magnifier and verified that they were injection molded.

I remember way back in 2000 to 2003 when I was at a Fry's electronics and they had a few dozen cheaply manufactured Indonesian or Chinese HP48GXs in blister packs on clearance for something like ~$150 a piece or less ( can't remember exact price ). Man, I am kicking myself for not buying their whole inventory Big Grin

The reason I should have invested ( tongue-in-cheek , or maybe not Tongue ) is because of this eBay listing for one of those very cheap blister-pack HP48GXs here . The price is **$5000** USD! The seller must be fishing for a moron with a lot of cash to burn. Can you believe the price? This is especially ridiculous since retailers like Samson Cables occasionally stock new-in-box HP48GXs for around $600 USD. And I thought that was expensive! Smile I guess not...

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Most hilarious price for a new HP48GX that I've ever seen - Jonathan Busby - 11-05-2023 03:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)