Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
11-12-2023, 12:05 AM
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
I have updated the files and graphics in the first post. Please don't forget to also download the latest test builds of Free42 and/or Plus42 (updated today). At this point, I believe all hot-key assignments work on all platforms - that was an enormous amount of time to get right (just take a look at one of the desktop version layout files!). I don't want to jinx myself, but I'm inclined to think all the bugs are squashed at this point. What remains is considering any further feedback about moving stuff around etc.

I also moved around a few buttons based on feedback I've received elsewhere. I think it came out better - you can follow the rationale in the graphic in the first post.

I also changed the font for the mathematical functions on the top 3 rows so that they are all in standard lowercase notation (HP used a mixture). If I get around to making a Plus42 skin the top of the calculator just becomes way too full of 3-4 uppercase character buttons and it looks more confusing without this lowercase change. I'd be interested in your thoughts on this change, but please give yourself some time to get used to it first.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin - MickM - 11-12-2023 12:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)