Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
11-08-2023, 03:19 AM
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin
(10-30-2023 06:34 PM)johnb Wrote:  Actually, I'd love to see a very similar skin for more general usage (using those SI buttons for other purposes), but that's probably more trouble than you want to go to.

JohnB: I did try PM'ing you a a couple days back to see if you wanted to pick this up off-line, but I didn't get an answer. Only in case anybody else is interested, I took another stab at a Plus42-ish layout that addressed my concerns with the previous "quickie" hack I slapped together right after your request. In case any of you gag at the math function button fonts, I kind of felt the top half of the layout looked too much like a sea of formal uppercase mnemonics that kind of forced you to read all the buttons. Nothing is cast in stone - I'm just doodling around and trying stuff while I wait for Thomas to hopefully fix a couple more things for the layout file...

Also, I really don't have any idea about what Plus42-specific functions and buttons should go on this skin. At this point, it's not too bad for me to come up with different graphics versions - it's the layout file that's the pain. I'm not sure I want to tackle that again - maybe somebody else could express interest in picking up the torch (and I could help them) :-).

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please can you beta-test this unusual Free42 skin - MickM - 11-08-2023 03:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)