Can HP Prime be faster? - firmware performance comparison
09-07-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: Can HP Prime be faster? - firmware performance comparison
(09-07-2023 06:39 PM)Tyann Wrote:  If you don't mind a little criticism, you're not the only user of HP prime
and others (myself included) may have less interest in Python and more for HP PPL.

I'm sorry if I was misunderstood. It was simply a response to the statement made by my predecessor, who mentioned the possibility of using Python. Personally, I also prefer PPL, which is why I spent so much time conducting this series of research and creating the charts you can see in the first post of this thread. As you can see, everything was done based on PPL, and I would very much like the values on these charts to increase, opening up new possibilities for development in PPL.
On the other hand, I'm a realist, and I know that since HP has already invested in Python, where it's easy to find thousands of ready-made libraries and solutions, whereas in PPL, you would have to write them yourself, they probably didn't do it with the intention of further developing PPL. Additionally, PPL has many limitations and issues that would require significant efforts to address, such as limitations on list and matrix (table) length, not to mention performance, where Python can perform calculations nearly ten times faster than PPL, enabling the execution of much more advanced algorithms.
I do, however, have a faint hope that something good will still happen with this PPL Wink

Piotr Kowalewski
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can HP Prime be faster? - firmware performance comparison - komame - 09-07-2023 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)