Comments and trivia quiz about the new AFH for the 15c
07-29-2023, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2023 03:00 AM by Valentin Albillo.)
RE: Comments and trivia quiz about the new AFH for the 15c
Hi, Jean-François,

(07-29-2023 09:15 AM)J-F Garnier Wrote:  The 15c CE is now available, [...]

Indeed it is. What's your number ?

Quote:This revised manual is very nicely done and quite close to the original from 1982, globally much better than the Limited Edition version (2012). Thanks to the editors!

The editors (Eric Rechlin and Gene) went as far as to painstakingly improve some sections, such as providing line-by-line comments on the last 3 example programs in the AFH, specifically the examples between pages 197 and 211, which had no comments whatsoever in the original AFH.

Quote:This confirms (if it was still needed...) that the extended 15c works fine with 3 matrices spread over a total of 64+8+8=80 registers, with various matrix conversions and operations.

As long as you don't attempt to compute matrix inverse/determinant of matrices larger than 8x8 everything will be fine.

Quote:If you look at page 17 of the new AFH, you will see a nice picture in the old HP style. This picture was not in the original AFH, can you find where it comes from?

Easy. Several places, actually. For example, I immediately found it in the very first OH I tried, namely the HP-34C Owner's Handbook, page 225.

Regards and have a nice finde.
V.
Edit: removed obsolete text after the 'Hi'

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comments and trivia quiz about the new AFH for the 15c - Valentin Albillo - 07-29-2023 07:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)