New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
06-07-2023, 09:43 PM
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L
Hey guys, here are some answers:

The attached file is a txt file of the hex format firmware. I'm not sure why but the form wouldn't let me attached a file with .hex extension although it's a normal text file. So I just renamed it and tested that I can flash it anyways. I'd love to hear from people if they are able to flash and use the firmware, cause so far I've only tested it on my DM15L and there might be differences in hardware revisions.
As mentioned, this firmware file should work on windows and mac, as well as linux which is where I work on.

The firmware right now takes ~54k of memory, so there is another 10k left before the ROM is maxed out on this particular calculator. From what I have seen the built in c functions (like sin, atan, et cetera) are the pieces of code that take the most memory. Since those are all implemented, adding complex numbers, matrix, and programmability "should" be possible.

(06-07-2023 11:01 AM)paf Wrote:  I like the idea very much (looks like my HP42S screen like this), but I am missing key functions like complex and matrix...

That's right, I made the font to look like the HP42s since it looks great and the LCDs of the DM15L is almost the same size...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New firmware for the Swissmicros DM15L - jebedeo - 06-07-2023 09:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)