HP-42s Entering 4 complex numbers on the stack
06-10-2023, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2023 10:40 PM by Vincent Weber.)
RE: HP-42s Entering 4 complex numbers on the stack
(06-10-2023 10:29 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi, C.Ret,

(06-10-2023 07:29 PM)C.Ret Wrote:  I'm a little surprised to read that there is no way on the 42S to put four complex numbers in the stack [...] Really, there's no other way than to use a 27-lines program to fill the stack with complex entries?

Of course there is ! Matter of fact you need no program to do it, that's just Mr. Weber doing his thing ...

From the keyboard, do this to enter 1+2i, 3+4i, 5+6i and 7+8i into the RPN stack:
    1, ENTER, 2, COMPLEX, STO A {... or any other variable}
    3, ENTER, 4, COMPLEX,
    5, ENTER, 6, COMPLEX,
    7, ENTER, 8, COMPLEX, RCL A, Rdown

... and there you are, simple and effortless.

Regards.
V.
Hi Valentin,

I thought we were on a first name basis, did I do anything wrong to deserve to be back to "Mr. Weber"? Smile

As for me "doing my thing", may I remind you that the challenge I set to myself (admittedly quite futile), was precisely NOT to use an intermediate variable, but to do it directly, which my program does.

I thought you yourself were regretting that entering 4 numbers on the stack was not as straightforward as on the 15C...

Also, my program, as I stated, allows you to mess up with the stack as much as you want between 2 entries, so that the complex numbers can be computed rather than just entered. I thought this was kind of convenient.

Best regards,

Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-42s Entering 4 complex numbers on the stack - Vincent Weber - 06-10-2023 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)