HP-41CV: Strange "Power Management"
05-09-2023, 09:51 AM
RE: HP-41CV: Strange "Power Management"
I'm strongly seconding the "do not use Duracell" notion.
I bought A MiniMaglite AA Pro LED flashlight for around 50 Euros and was delighted to find it came with a pair of batteries included. Eagerly installed them and put the flashlight in the car's trunk for future use.
A year later: No joy :-(
The cells had leaked and expanded / bonded to the aluminum/aluminium casing, making a battery change impossible and rendering the whole thing a metal encased piece of toxic waste. Checking the MagLite Solitaire LED bought at the the same time (which also came with a single AAA Duracell) revealed the exact same thing - another piece of metal encased toxic waste. (One might presume Maglite has a clever demand generating theme here)

Morale of the story: Get rid of the Duracells, replace with good Brand Cells and (at least for Maglites / high value flashlights) even when not using, replace cells once a year to protect the investment in the flashlight.
I've switched to Eneloops and so far I like what I see in terms of charge retention over the one-year change cycle and haven't experienced a single Cell leakage. Now, to keep this HP related: Anyone know where to find 1N Eneloops ;-) ?

Stay healthy and keep calculating,
Jan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41CV: Strange "Power Management" - JanS - 05-09-2023 09:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)