27S MEMORY LOST - what's the cause?
03-30-2023, 12:02 PM
27S MEMORY LOST - what's the cause?
I have a 27S, which is my favourite daily calculator because I love the algebraic solver. Unfortunately, I get a MEMORY LOST error from time to time, at which point I have to re-enter all my equations. I've become quite organised about it. I record all equations, using a DIY IR serial device plugged into a PC, similar to the Martin Hepperle design. All the same it's a pain, and I wonder if there is anything I can do to prevent this from happening.

Most times it seems to occur at power-on, and once every few weeks. Today I experienced a freeze while actually using the calculator, then MEMORY LOST when I tried to turn off. Batteries are reasonably fresh, so I don't think it's battery failure, though I wouldn't rule out a poor connection between batteries and terminals.

Do you think it's more likely to be a physical cause such as loose connection, or aging electronics such as an internal failing capacitor, or are there software issues which could cause this? Any remedies? I was wondering whether I could squeeze a small axial capacitor inside the battery compartment, just in case it's momentary battery disconnection that causes the failure.

Thanks for your thoughts
Rob

Rob
35, 12C, 17BII, 27S, 28S, 32SII, 48G, 49G, 50G, 35S.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
27S MEMORY LOST - what's the cause? - robjordan - 03-30-2023 12:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)