Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
03-10-2023, 04:52 PM
Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator
Yes, I'm still kicking. Smile

I've been using the go41cx for years. It's my go-to calculator. But I haven't used overlays in years. I think the last time I tried was on my Galaxy 6 or so. There was a trick to get the IMPORT to work. But that no longer works.

So, I'm back again to ask the experts.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. The go41cx works great on it. But I'll be dang if I can figure out how to import anything. There used to be an import function, that I could access with a MENU button on my phone. But the menu function doesn't give me any options for the go41cx.

I have gone to Oliver De Smit's page and followed the instructions, about locating the file area for the go41cx, using the file manager he recommends. I have found the location. There are no files, in the files folder. That's probably normal, since I haven't used this for the last 10 upgrades to my phone.

I can add files to the file folder, or sub-folders. But I still see no way to import them. All that show up when I use the LOAD function are what I think might be default installed overlays. Doubtful they were something I installed because I haven't installed any for years.

Two questions:
1) are overlays placed in an Overlay folder, under files? (specific name of folder)
2) How do I access the IMPORT function? I see it nowhere on the calculator.

Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Forgot how to IMPORT Overlays on 41CX emulator - MikeSD - 03-10-2023 04:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)