TRS-80 PC-2 Printer/Cassette Interface
02-05-2023, 07:49 PM
TRS-80 PC-2 Printer/Cassette Interface
Hello,

Newbie here. I'm seeking someone who might be interested in repairing my PC-2 Printer/Cassette Interface. I removed the battery pack, cleaned up the very little amount of acid leak, inspected the rest of the unit and found that one of the very small gears in the printer had rotted and split in two.

Per a video I watched on YouTube stating that a AC adapter with a higher mah was needed, I attached a universal adapter with the correct polarity and higher mah. The unit powered up (PC-2 pocket computer attached as well), but doesn't do much at all. The print heads don't, and I'm am unable to feed it paper. It does give an ERROR 6 which is likely caused by the removal of the battery (as I've seen mentioned on this forum).

If you have the skills, and a PC-2 or Sharp PC-1500, and are interested in tackling this repair job, I'd be happy to compensate you. I have all of the necessary items including the unit itself, extra pens, paper, manual, and even a pdf of the service manual. I'm based Southern California, so driving it to you is an option as well if you're local.

If interested, please let me know and we can talk further.

Joe

(2nd try at posting this).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
TRS-80 PC-2 Printer/Cassette Interface - JoeG - 02-05-2023 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)