Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions
01-27-2023, 06:20 PM
RE: Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions
The lack of paper feed is very common. The printers use two small stepper motors with small plastic pinion gears. These gears all crack. I did have some brass replacements made up. Link to video about installation below. I believe I mention in the video the problem of the spring-loaded anti-backlash gear hub cracking. I have a new video coming out tomorrow which highlights this problem (will post link tomorrow.)

I may have come up with a way to make the cracked anti-backlash gear work using a commonly available spring clamp for mineature tubing. Parts on the way to test the idea. Will update with results.

Second video link is a video which covers the issue with trying to use battery powered gear without a battery pack. In the case of your CE-150 you would want a lower voltage, higher current power adapter. The battery pack puts a load on the power adapter. dropping the voltage, the rest of the system sees. The pack is also able to handle the large surge currents the printer demands. A small power adapter that is supplying power though a current limiting resistor (part of pack charging circuit) in the CE-150 might not be able to handle the load.

Third video link covers how to build battery packs with tabbed cells. If you don't have a spot welder this is the way to go. I have since bought a <$100 spot welder which makes the job even easier. I 3D printed some cell holders for AA and AA cells which make the job much easier.

Don't mean to 'spam' everyone with videos but the reason I make them is to share what I have learned.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp CE-150 printer/cassette interface questions - Jeff_Birt - 01-27-2023 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)