Hypothetical: 12C program editing
01-14-2023, 06:13 PM
RE: Hypothetical: 12C program editing
(01-14-2023 05:44 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  I would also be in favor of doing away with "volatile" memory and just have a set amount of steps and a set amount of registers. For example, 99 steps and 20 memory registers, neither of these parameters change.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but I've already got that working in almost that way. There are always 20 registers, but the program still grows in steps of seven steps. However, it gets the seven new steps out of thin air, rather than by converting data registers. I thought it might be nice to keep the program variable sized, so that g MEM can still give you an idea of how big your program is.

On the other hand, if you'd rather have the program just always be 99 steps, that would be easy, and I could replace g MEM with another function.

The big question on program memory size is whether you want more of it. Would people find it annoying to always have to enter three digits for GTO non (and GTO . nnn)? Ot should it be normally two digits, with an optional key to enter more digits (like the 41C), perhaps GTO nn and GTO EEX nnn?

If there was a way to have multiple separate programs you could switch between, would you be happy with 99 steps per program, or would you want more?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hypothetical: 12C program editing - brouhaha - 01-14-2023 06:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)