Challenges for the mathematically challenged?
12-25-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Challenges for the mathematically challenged?
(12-19-2022 08:17 PM)Allen Wrote:  I've found it only takes 20-30 minutes of reading per day (averaged over a 20+ year career) to come out WAY ahead of those pretty much anyone, no matter how good they were in X who stopped learning when they got done with X ( where X = {high school, college, masters, or even PhD degree} .)

I can confirm this because I feel often on the other side of the fence. For example if I try to refresh the topic X for a while, I stop doing the topic Y and I get totally rusty in it and I start to forget it. I also admit that I have periods where, due to various reasons, I do little productive things beside work and I see I start to lose pieces in every topic.

Heck I forget words in my mother tongue after around 10 years of not using it frequently.

The memory (of the majority at least) optimizes and information are forgotten without regular use. So yes keeping oneself active on the long run is incredibly helpful. It is a lesson learned to pass to young people.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Challenges for the mathematically challenged? - pier4r - 12-25-2022 09:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)