Using an HP with TI manuals
10-01-2022, 03:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2022 03:46 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Using an HP with TI manuals
Hi all.

One of my favorite hobbies is to wade through a TI calc’s manual and follow along with one of my HPs.

I usually indulge so I can make note of how efficient the RPN way is. And, yeah, I'll admit it. I have geeky fun with that.

Currently, I went through the SR-50 manual. Towards the latter part, there were various applications for civil and electrical engineering, physics and others. On observation at first, it's quite a case for RPN when you see the mathematical and register gymnastics you need to go through. Then, as I went into using RPN to calculate the examples, its quite an awakening to see how much more efficient, logical, and easier an RPN methodology is.

What's funny is that even though TI picks on RPN's rearrangement, TI even states that some rearranging and memory shifting needs to be implemented because of its sum-of-products hierarchy.

Next, it's the SR-51's turn. Obviously, no surprises there. Although, it'll be interesting to see and calculate through the sample applications contained in that manual.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Using an HP with TI manuals - Matt Agajanian - 10-01-2022 03:43 AM
RE: Using an HP with TI manuals - Gene - 10-01-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: Using an HP with TI manuals - Gene - 10-01-2022, 11:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)