[VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum
12-01-2022, 07:10 AM
RE: [VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum
(11-30-2022 07:01 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  Ok, please post your code when you see fit but do try to avoid spoiling the fun for other people working on their own solutions right now. Oh, I see you've posted it already ...

Apologies for jumping the gun! But I did wait for a full day..

Quote:Thanks a lot for your very detailed reasoning and nice HP-42S RPN code, Werner, your teaming with Albert has indeed delivered the goods: code, result, timing.

I didn't team up with Albert, I just used his formula for H(n), which is shorter and more accurate than the one you find elsewhere, and which he seems to be able to produce off the cuff. (Though in this case, as he pointed out to me in the meantime, using the original formula with a few more terms would've been better as it contains LN(2), which would then be cancelled out)

Quote:The only thing remaining is to ascertain that your result is correct, which will be most likely the case if someone else reproduces it using a wholly different program. We'll see ... Smile

Yes, well. The trick I used only works if the sum is convergent to begin with, something I haven't been able to prove.

Cheers, Werner

41CV†,42S,48GX,49G,DM42,DM41X,17BII,15CE,DM15L,12C,16CE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012c - Then and Now: Sum - Werner - 12-01-2022 07:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)