[VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
10-11-2022, 10:44 PM
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability
Hi, Vincent,

(10-11-2022 10:19 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Hi Valentin,

I renounced Monte-Carlo simulations and managed to get a direct solving which I find quite elegant. I managed to find correct results.

But I have a dilmena: I did so by using recursion, and the vanilla 17B/27S calculators don't have user defined functions, let alone recursive ones. I had to use Plus42, which extends the HP solver with such functions.

Can I still post the code, or is it too much cheating, which I would perfectly understand?

Sorry, Vincent, but using Plus42 with extensions not available in vintage HP calcs completely defeats the purpose of this SRC #012, which is to demonstrate that vintage HP calcs (or at least "very old") can still solve nowadays recently proposed non-trivial problems intended to be solved in modern PCs.

Using Plus42 extensions or Python or Matlab or C++ may be pretty satisfying and elegant but demonstrates nothing of the sort and has no place here.

I'd suggest you post your surely-very-interesting solution to a parallel thread, as suggested by pier4r (post #13 above) and Super Moderator rprosperi (post #14 above) for posts like yours that would not fit my stated rules.

Would you, please ?

Thanks a lot for asking and best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #012a - Then and Now: Probability - Valentin Albillo - 10-11-2022 10:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)