HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help]
08-31-2022, 07:42 AM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help]
The Thermopro by Rick Grevelle and Jeoff Krontz contains beautiful code and since it appears that they granted that it could be ported to HP50G, I have done that and have now a working copy running on HP50G.

It really is a library with the best and consistent layout of code in the old format I have seen.
Not sure why almost all of it is in asm. Maybe that was the only option when the code originally was written for 48sx, or simply because he could?

The keyboard handler / mapping is different from hp48g to HP50G so there are some small changes for the keys, but I believe all functionality is kept.

Comparing the calculations with emu48 I get identical results. I have not had any crashes when playing with it, but there are some issues, and appreciate if anyone can help.

Unfortunately it uses a few nonstandard names and unsupported entries.
=TIMERCTRL.1 EQU #0012E * --> changed to similar ones in 50G entry table
=TIMERCTRL.2 EQU #0012F * --> changed to similar ones in 50G entry table
=CLEANUP EQU #2A12A * Heiskan <-- CKINF
=WrtTIMEOUTA EQU #01A96 * ???
=CMPT EQU #0148C * ???

2A12A CKINF ( --> )
If XM is clr, RTN.
Else if P#3, undefined result error.
Else if infinate not allowed then infinate result err.
Else set infinate res. indicator, set x to max

I could not find any equivalent entry for the HP50G, but it seems to be used to override error reporting of floating point division in the asm-code. I think that is obsolete with the HP50G, as it can be controlled by use of flags. For a test version I have commented out (but require the relevant system flags to be set).

=CMPT EQU #0148C *
I have simplified to RTNSXM, but am not sure what to do with this. It will not cause a crash, but perhaps handling of overflow/underflow/division by Zero is not correct. Related to the CKINF entry. Maybe obsolete.

=WrtTIMEOUTA EQU #01A96 *
Using same address. I seems to work , but I have no idea if this is safe / potentially dangerous.

Does anyone have information on these three entry points?
See the original source at hpcalc.oorg.
https://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/science/phys...thermo.zip

Further
The source code seems to be an evaluation or test version, maybe that is the reason for the "bug" that was mentioned earlier. The zip file contains an old user-guide in word-97. It probably contains description of what the limitations are. But I am not able to open the old word-97 files. Appreciate if anyone could convert those to pdf.

Let me know if you are interested in testing this library. My intention is to upload this to hpcalc.org after some more testing.

BR Gjermund
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - trapp - 08-16-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - Nigel (UK) - 08-16-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - trapp - 08-16-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - Nigel (UK) - 08-17-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - trapp - 08-17-2022, 12:07 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - DavidM - 08-17-2022, 07:19 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - trapp - 08-17-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - Gjermund Skailand - 08-31-2022 07:42 AM
RE: HP 50G THERMO-PRO [help] - Nigel (UK) - 08-31-2022, 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)