Some observations after being away for a while
05-18-2022, 01:49 PM
RE: Some observations after being away for a while
Welcome back to the hobby. That was a fun read. Lots of nice equipment, too.

I was more of a TI guy for years and still have a working 58C and 59 (bought more recently on eBay, not original to me). My first expensive calculator was the TI SR-51A that I bought with paper route money back in 1976 for $150. Somehow it ended up with my brother instead of me and he can't remember whatever happened to it. I do have a more recently purchased copy now for old time's sake.

I've dabbled with a few different HP models - 11C, 15C, 48G, 28S - all of which were bought, used for a while, then sold again. My current obsession is with the 41 series. I have a 41CV I bought last summer and quickly learned about cracked posts and how they render fullnut versions of the calculator unusable until repaired (which I have done).

I really wanted a 41CX all this time, but working examples are fairly pricey. However, I did luck on a nice looking CX this past weekend on eBay and bought it on a gamble for about 1/2 the price of the working ones. It's a halfnut and has clean battery terminals, so I'm crossing my fingers that when I put a working battery pack in it that it will fire up and work fine. It's being delivered today, so I should know in a few hours.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some observations after being away for a while - Xorand - 05-18-2022 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)