Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips
03-23-2022, 11:54 PM
RE: Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips
So who has the part, tools and skill/experience to measure, specify and organise the HP 71b zebra? :-)

(03-23-2022 03:15 PM)Jeff_Birt Wrote:  
(03-18-2022 06:34 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  Do not hesitate. They are manufacturers. If they do not want produce their product, what they want on market?! Frankly speaking: I read your post for this company name or link Wink as many people here...
UPDATE: Your video really well organised and useful. Thanks for sharing!

Csaba

After thinking on this some more this forum seems a good place to share the manufacturer info whereas YouTube might not have been. Details are below. If you have an original zebra strip you are trying to replace it has likely not sprung back to the original non-compressed height after being compressed for decades. It took me two tries to get the RP-33 strips the correct height. For the M100 I got it the first time as I had some original strips to measure and could just get some just a hair taller.

Given manufacturing tolerances of the machines and strips what seems to work in one machine may be right on the edge and not work in others. I was able to test the RP-33s in multiple VX-4s I had and have sent one to a friend in Germany who has a larger collection of machines to try them in so when he gets it and can test it will provide more data. Same for the M100, sent some strips to friends to try out.

Getting a smaller number at first to check fitment is a good idea I think. When you get to the point of knowing what size will work and can then place a larger order you can get a much better price. Your total cost will include any trial batches which are a higher cost per unit plus the lower cost/unit of the higher quantity. When dividing the cost this is something to keep in mind.

More unsolicited advice: It would make sense I think to have one person be in charge of contacting the company for a joint project. I have done a large project with a friend in another country involving getting tooling produced to reproduce some obsolete connectors. Even with just he and I both working in tandem it could get confusing for us and the manufacturer if someone involved forgot to 'reply all'. Just FWIW.

The company is located in China and I have found them to be very reasonable to work with. If you guys get some strips made let us know how it worked out.

Company info:
http://www.cmaisilicone.com
contact@cmaisilicone.com

Calculator Clique on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Building a Casio RP-33 clone, working with Zebra strips - dmh - 03-23-2022 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)